
As many know, Mike is a CPA and works as an audit manager in public accounting. So every winter we are forced to endure “busy season.” Busy season basically equates to Mike working an ungodly number of hours every week for about 4 straight months (at least from my perspective; I am sure Mike would tell it a little differently). I have never been shy to admit that I hate busy season and that, as a result, April 15th is one of my favorite days of the year.
In past years it has been hard, mainly because I never got to see Mike (and I like seeing him :). But this year has put “hard” into a whole new perspective. Not only is it hard not seeing Mike, but caring for Ava mostly by yourself and working and doing all the household stuff is hard. And the hardest is knowing how much Mike is missing out on seeing Ava.
Mike is not one to complain. Rather he comes home from working a 12+ hour day, in a good mood no less, and asks what he can do around the house! So I will never fully know what about busy season is hard for Mike, but I certainly admire him for enduring so strongly and hope I can do the same (and without complaining :).
Busy season this year has only just begun, and it’s not going to be easy, but we’ll push through – and it’ll go even smoother with the help of our wonderful families. We could not do it without you!
In past years it has been hard, mainly because I never got to see Mike (and I like seeing him :). But this year has put “hard” into a whole new perspective. Not only is it hard not seeing Mike, but caring for Ava mostly by yourself and working and doing all the household stuff is hard. And the hardest is knowing how much Mike is missing out on seeing Ava.
Mike is not one to complain. Rather he comes home from working a 12+ hour day, in a good mood no less, and asks what he can do around the house! So I will never fully know what about busy season is hard for Mike, but I certainly admire him for enduring so strongly and hope I can do the same (and without complaining :).
Busy season this year has only just begun, and it’s not going to be easy, but we’ll push through – and it’ll go even smoother with the help of our wonderful families. We could not do it without you!


4 comments:
That is the cutest picture I have ever seen. You need to blow it up life-size.
I love that picture! I hope you ordered it in a great big print!
Did you ever call my cleaning lady?? She is a lifesaver!
Love the pic! I may have to copy that idea in a month!
Post a Comment