Sleep should be a four-letter word. That is at least how I’ve felt about it the past few months. The lack of sleep that comes with having a baby is what I have had the toughest time adjusting to. Mike and I took all the classes, read all the books, etc, and nothing could have prepared me for how hard this aspect would be. I keep telling (and hopefully not scaring!) my expectant friends to prepare themselves!
From about months two through five of Ava’s life she slept through the night. All the way through. The ENTIRE night. Every night. I was thinking ... wow, that wasn’t so bad – only two months of sleepless nights. Oh boy, was I wrong! Around her fifth month something changed and she reverted back to waking anywhere from one to four times per night and since then she has not made it a night without waking up at least once. I am not quite sure what to attribute this to, but it is exhausting!
So, please send your sleepy vibes Ava’s way (and any tips you might have)! In the meantime, we will be fine and I am just going to continue to try and get used to it. :)
Okay, so now that I am done with that rant … Ava had a great time with her friends Addie and Henry at the Children’s Museum last Friday. They have a room at the museum designed specifically for babies and toddlers and she had a blast scooting around and checking everything out. (Thank you, Ang, for the great pics!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
yikes - i didn't realize your sleep situation was that rough. i hope she starts sleeping through the night again soon. kids seem to have the funkiest patterns when it comes to sleep and eating!
Funny that you mention eating, Mandy - I almost added that to the post too, that sleeping and eating are such stressors with kids!
Post a Comment