Today was Ava's first day of (her second and final year of) preschool! We went to an open house last night to meet her teachers and she was very shy and didn't say much. But she did meet a new friend who is in her class named Brynn. Her parents noticed Ava's shyness and thought she and Brynn might get along since Brynn is shy too.
Given how painfully shy she was at the open house I was a little worried how she would do at drop off on the first day. I made sure to get there early and we were the first there. I walked her into her classroom and got her settled, thinking she'd latch on nervously to me, and then I'd have some time to settle her down. However, she surprised me and said, "you can go now." My heart melted at her bravery and independence.
And when I picked her up, her class was out on the playground hand she was having tons of fun playing with Brynn! She talked a lot about her new friend today and I am glad she's able to meet new friends, especially given the fact that she knows 5 kids in her class from daycare!
I have to mention that Ava picked out her entire outfit for her first day of school. I took her shopping last weekend for a 'back to school' outfit. I thought she'd pick a dress, but when we walked into the mall, she saw a manquin wearing pink jeans and the deal was sealed on pink jeans! So cute!
We are so proud of Ava and are very excited to see how she grows and what she will learn this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment