On the Fourth, our neighborhood was a constant show of fireworks for a few hours. We were able to watch the Lakeville fireworks from our yard! Shockingly, Ava slept right through all of the noise!
We also watched my dad and uncle Roger in the Classic Car Parade. I don’t think Ava really knew or cared about what was going on until she saw Grandpa Dave drive by (in his '74 El Camino) in the long line of cars. She lit up and gasped a huge, “HI!” So sweet!

One highlight was our visit to the petting zoo. As most know, Ava is obsessed with animals. She was surrounded by ducks, chickens, cows, horses, a turkey, a llama, bunnies, goats, a sheep, and more -– all within an arm’s reach! She was a little shy about touching them at first, but eventually warmed up and had fun making all the animal noises. Pretty sure she could have stayed in there all day.
The most fun we had was at the Grande Parade. Although we lasted for “only” 2 hours of the 3 hour long parade!, Ava was captivated by the action. We thought she might be afraid of the loud noises of the sirens and bands, but she LOVED it! She danced, sang and squealed the entire time!
Perhaps we have a future marching band member on our hands! ...
We are so excited about making these festivities an annual tradition for our family.


5 comments:
Abby loved watching the video of Ava. Very cute.
The video is so cute!!! Love it :)
I love the marching!
She's a dancer! :)
I'm glad you've been able to do some fun things. It reminded me that I have YET to take Hazen to a petting zoo. I've taken him to Como Zoo, which he loved, but not a petting zoo. I need to do that. The video of Ava is darling!
Post a Comment