Friday, May 8, 2009

A dear friend

Today I got to see one of my oldest and dearest friends, Jenni. She and her husband, Mike, and daughter, Abby, live in Buffalo, NY, so I don't get to see them much. I knew she'd be in town this weekend, but we had been unsuccessful at coordinating schedules. To my surprise and delight it ended up working out to see each other and our girls today. Although it was brief, it sure made my day. When I see Jenni I realize how much I miss her, but also how lucky I am to have such a great friend.

Ava and Abby are almost exactly 6 months apart in age. They took a few minutes to warm up to each other, but then let their cute personalities shine. We attempted to get a photo of the two of them!



On a different note, last night the switch seemed to flip for Ava in her pursuit of walking! We were playing on the floor with Grandpa Dave and she voluntarily walked 8 steps across the room! I have a feeling there's no stopping her now! We cannot wait for Daddy to see this when he gets back from Las Vegas on Sunday.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I CAN'T wait to see Ava walking! Yay for Ava!