Sunday, April 26, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday!

Although Ava's "big" first birthday party isn't until May 16th (after her Great Grandparents get home from their warm, winter locales), we did have a fabulous time celebrating the day!

I do have to start off by saying how completely shocked I am that an entire year has already passed. On one hand, so much has happened and Ava has changed so much that it seems like forever ago that she was that tiny 7 pound newborn. But on the other hand I can remember those days like they were yesterday.

We wanted to make the day as fun as possible for Ava, even though she didn't know it was a special day for her! Mike and I made her blueberry pancakes for breakfast (her fave ... she ate two!). Then later we went out to lunch at Punch Pizza and then went to the Como Zoo. We were happy that the weather held out and Ava loved seeing all the animals. Her favorites were the monkeys.



All of Ava's grandparents and Uncle Ian and Bre Rose met us for dinner at Red Robin. Ava liked the birthday singing and especially the balloon and grilled cheese she got! Then we had cake and opened gifts! Ava seemed to really enjoy herself and is getting to like cake a little too much. :) She especially liked the Twins shirt she got from Ian and Bre, the wagon from Nana and Pops and the mini shopping cart from Grandpa Dave and Grandma Kim!


Mike and I finished the day after Ava went to bed by watching all the videos we've taken of Ava. It was fun to talk about how much Ava and our lives have changed and how excited we are to continue to watch her grow and change.


On a different note ... house update: we bought a house in Lakeville! Mike and I both LOVE it and are so excited to move at the end of May! We're still a bit shocked at how quickly this has all happened, but are thrilled nonetheless.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Ava! I woke up on Saturday intending to text you from the cabin, but helas, did not. It looks like you had a great day and we are excited to celebrate with you guys in a few weeks. The pics look like you enjoyed the day!

Love, The Winebergs