Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ava's call to the doctor

Ava is very into everything girly these days. She loves playing dress up, doing ballet, playing with her babies, only wearing pink and purple, and pretending to be a mommy. Yesterday I was listening to her playing with her babies, who were 'sick' (like she and I have been the past week, with strep throat). This is how it went down...

Ava (holding phone to her ear): “Hi, it is Gunderson Ava. My baby has a sore throat and you need to give her some medicine so I can put her shirt back on.” (she had undressed them to do their 'check ups!')

Me: “Ava, who are you talking to?”

Ava: “My baby’s doctor, Mr. Clark.” (the kids’ doctor’s name is indeed Dr. Clark, but she’s a Mrs., not a Mr.!)

It's amazing how kids pick up on everything!

No comments: