Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Great Minnesota Get-Together

I know many people think I am crazy for this, but I went to the MN State Fair three times this year! Yes, I love it THAT much! I think it's a combination of the time of year it always takes place, the different foods to try, the people watching and now seeing Ava have so much fun that makes it such an enjoyment for me.

Trip #1 was with my girlfriends on opening evening. It was great to get to spend time with them and take a relaxing trip without any children (no offense, kiddos!). Plus we got to see Boyz II Men perform which was a blast from the past!


Trip #2 was on the hottest day of the fair with my parents, Mike and the kids. Needless to say, Liam was not a huge fan of riding in his cushy car seat or snuggled up next to me in the Bjorn or sling with a 100 degree heat index, but he fared okay. Ava had a BLAST! When we were leaving, after being there for SIX hours, she said, "I don't want to go home yet." (So, alas, I brought her back the following weekend -- trip #3.) Some highlights of this trip included: the Giant Slide, animal barns (especially the miniature horses), parade and Kidway rides.





Trip #3 was on a perfect weather day and my birthday! I think the fact that it was my birthday was the only reason Mike was so understanding about me wanting to go again, although he and Liam sat this trip out anyway. Ava and I rode the bus there with my parents and met up with Uncle Ian and Bre Rose. This trip's highlights included the baby animals, miniature horses (yes, again ... Ava loves these), Little Farm Hands activity, milk stand, bird show, Kidway rides and a strawberry sundae!

No comments: