With Ava’s exploding vocabulary and personality shining through these days, each day she does and says things that make us laugh, shake our heads in amazement and feel so proud.
I made it a point to remember as many of those fun moments from this weekend as I could, so I could share (and have record of) them!
~ Although she does this everyday now, it was no less special this weekend … in the mornings when Mike or I walk into her room after she wakes up, Ava grins at us and says “Hi Daddy” or “Hi Mommy.” I cannot think of a better way to start the day.
~ While swimming today, Ava proved herself to be fearless. She’d walk deeper and deeper into the zero-depth pool, smiling and laughing the whole way – including when her face was under water – until we picked her up!
~ Ava’s new thing is bossing the dogs around. We hear “Nelly come,” “no, no Ruby,” etc, many, many times per day. Luckily, the dogs listen to her for the most part :)
~ When we were out and about and Ava started getting hungry, I told her we’d eat when we got home and said she could have cheese and turkey (among other things). When we got home, I asked her “do you remember what we are going to have for dinner?” She said “cheese and gobble gobble.” Ha!
~ Tonight Ava sang herself to sleep. Priceless.
~ After her first two times ever in the ‘time out chair’ earlier this week, the next time Ava was being naughty and the ‘time out chair’ came up (was threatened!), she stopped biting me, kissed me and said “sowwy.”
~ We received a box in the mail from Target and it was sitting on our kitchen table, wrapped in ‘bulls eye’ tape. Ava took one look at it and said “Target!” That's my girl (but what is actually more impressive is Target’s brand power)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment