Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Brothers

I am blessed to have a fantastic brother and am glad that once I got into my twenties I finally learned to cherish the time I get to spend with him. Mike and I are so excited that Ava will get to grow up with a brother too! Yep, we found out today that we're having a boy! And most importantly that he is healthy and developing right on track. Below are a few shots we got to take home with us from today's ultrasound.



The ultrasound tech commented on how active the baby was. He did about four somersaults in the time we were looking at him. That is quite different than Ava who did nothing more than wave her arms and move her legs a little during her ultrasound. It's funny how there's already such a difference between the two! We cannot wait to meet him in May!

On Ava's daycare daily log today her teacher said, "today Ava enjoyed rocking and feeding the babies (dolls). She will make a great big sister!" What a great comment on the day we found out she's going to have a little brother. Although she understands that there is a baby in Mommy's tummy I don't think she quite understands yet exactly what is going to happen or what a brother is. We know she will be great though.

2 comments:

Barbara Kuzma said...

Oh my! Congrats on your little sweet boy within ... is he sucking his thumb in the 3D photo? How amazing ... :)

Hope you all had a Merry Little Christmas ... certainly your hearts are light!

Brie said...

Thank you Barb! He is indeed sucking his thumb in the 3D image :) Happiest of holidays to you!