Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Totally toddler

Today was Ava’s first ‘official’ day in the toddler room at daycare … her very own sort of first day of school! I am happy to report that she did awesome! No tears at drop off and she successfully ate breakfast and lunch at a ‘big girl’ table, napped in a cot (for longer than normal!) and participated in all the fun toddler activities. Her teachers were amazed and so happy to have her in the room. We are so proud of her and a bit nostalgic as she makes this leap into official toddlerhood.



To celebrate, we started our ‘first day of school tradition’ and took a walk to the one and only Lakeville Dairy Delite for an ice cream treat. Very much earned by Ava!

4 comments:

Barbara Kuzma said...

This just can't be yet can it?

:) What a fun day ... Congrats to "The Toddler" and her parents ... she sure is a happy little sweetie!

Quists said...

OH cute . . . I am glad she adjusted well. It makes it easier on her AND on you I'm sure. Very much deserved icecream. :)

Mandy said...

oh yay, you must be done packing lunches now too! :)

Angie said...

I "like" the no packing lunch part of this update! Yay!