Monday, March 16, 2009

Much needed fun

I don't know that I've ever gone this long without posting! Our lives are going 100 miles per hour these days between busy season, getting the house ready to sell and everyday stuff. But Mike had a rare Saturday off (they give each employee one per busy season) so we took full advantage of our weekend together. We were all in need of some quality time and fun together.

Ava and I got ready for the fun weekend by going to a Sing-Along at Pottery Barn Kids. Ava had so much fun dancing and playing with the other kids. She is really into music these days and we love having little dance parties at home too. (Sorry for the super short video - it won't upload the longer one!)






We also all went to the Children's Museum and lunch at Punch Pizza. Ava hadn't been to the Children's Museum for about 2 months, so she was a lot more mobile this time than on our last visit. She cruised all over the "Habitot" room, investigating the fun toys. Her cousin Jake and nana and pops joined us on this adventure too!




We took a couple walks in the gorgeous weather, went to the library and also went swimming! We had to practice for lessons that start up again this week. ;)



We had such a fun weekend together and are looking forward to April 15th even more now!

A little "almost 11 months" update ... Ava is constantly showing us how quickly she learns. She clearly understands "no" now and will often shake her head when you tell her no, or when she tells US no! But she actually listens very well!

She can do the whole "pat-a-cake" song and now signs "more." She has become very vocal about her wants and needs regarding food, books, etc, and points out her preferences. She has become very brave with her standing and scaling the furniture. I am sure she'll be walking sooner than we think!

1 comment:

Quists said...

I'm glad you were able to enjoy some family time... and you have some great pictures to remember it by! I need to do better at taking Hazen on outtings like this. I have only taken him to the gym's pool once... and he was NOT liking it. Swimming lessons would probably be a good idea for him too. You all are looking so great
... and Ava is adorable.