Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day this year came with a few celebrations for me. It was of course a day for me to reflect on how lucky I am to be a mom to Ava and Liam. They bring endless joy to my life and amaze me each and every day. I look forward to nothing more than spending time with those two and watching them learn and explore the world.

It was also the fifth anniversary of my leg injury. When that accident happened five years ago, it was Mother's Day that day too. And I am so proud (and relieved) that on the fifth anniversary I was able to go for a three-mile run. I do have mild, chronic pain in my leg, but all things considered, I have recovered quite well. So grateful!


And it was also Liam's birthday! That will always be a day to think back to his exciting birth and give thanks to all those involved in his safe arrival.

We had a fun day at the Como Zoo and having our moms and families over for dinner in the evening. And I got to snuggle with baby Nora too.

So much love!





 

No comments: