Last night was Ava’s first night sleeping in a ‘big girl’ bed! Much to our surprise, she did great - it was like any other night. I fully expected her to be up a few times, trying to get out of her room, etc. But she stayed in bed and didn’t make a peep until morning! She is a little on the young side for transitioning out of a crib, but she seemed ready and we are trying to avoid buying another crib for the new baby. Ava’s first step was into her crib set up as a toddler bed and next it’ll be into her new room and a new double bed!
This transition has been the first to really affect me in terms of realizing she really isn’t a baby anymore. Yes, she’s been walking and talking (A LOT) for quite some time now, but the visual of seeing her sleeping in a bed and on a pillow really hit it home!
This transition has been the first to really affect me in terms of realizing she really isn’t a baby anymore. Yes, she’s been walking and talking (A LOT) for quite some time now, but the visual of seeing her sleeping in a bed and on a pillow really hit it home!
On a separate, but related, note … we spent some time this weekend with our friends, Joe and Marcie, who have a 6-month old daughter, Svea. The last time Ava spent time with Svea was in October and Ava was mostly nervous (and a little too rough) around her. This time was totally different … Ava just wanted to entertain and hug and kiss Svea. She’s so tender, gentle and loving. It made me really excited to see Ava around the baby and watch her be a big sister. I know she’s going to be great, and love it!


2 comments:
I am so impressed! I hope it continues to go well each night!
What a cute girl. Soak up all that alone time with her. I can't believe how much less time I have for one on one with Hazen also having a 5 month old baby!
Post a Comment